I woke up yesterday morning in Washington, D.C. with the most welcome news EVER. By now you know that Loreen is returning. Yes, there are other artists returning to the MelFest stage like Ace Wilder, Wiktora, Mariette, and Charlotte Perrelli… But it is no mystery that Loreen returning was the shockwave of the Melodifestivalen press event.
This article isn’t about who is participating, this is your full breakdown of the Melodifestivalen 2017 participants and who is going to make it to the final. I’m telling you who I think will make it through and who is most likely to see the Andra Chansen stage. I’m not psychic, but you know it is fun to guess. #Melfest2017 is going to be EPIC and there is no doubt about it.
Without further ado… Here is the Melodifestivalen 2017 participants BREAKDOWN.
- Adrijana – Amare (Martin Tjärnberg, Adrijana Krasniqi)
- Boris René – Her Kiss (Tim Larsson, Tobias Lundgren)
- Nano – Hold On (Nano Omar, Gino Yonan, Ayak, Carl Rydén, Christoffer Belaieff, Rikard de Bruin, David Francis Jackson)
- Charlotte Perrelli – Mitt liv (Charlotte Perrelli, Lars Hägglund)
- Dinah Nah – One More Night (Thomas G:son, Jimmy Jansson, Dinah Nah, Dr Alban)
- De Vet Du – Road Trip (Johan Gunterberg, Christopher Martland)
- Ace Wilder – Wild Child (Peter Boström, Thomas G:son, Ace Wilder)
Who will make it through: Ace Wilder & Boris René
Andra Chansen: Charlotte Perrelli & Dinah Nah
Comments: This is not going to be an easy semi, but I’m pretty sure Ace is going to come out on top. Dinah Nah has been steadily building her base and I think she has the “it factor” to cause a potential upset with Eurovision pro Charlotte Perrelli… But Eh… Adrijana is going to be the true wild card in my opinion. Adrijana is a Swedish rapper… People will either love it or hate it. I’m not enthusiastic about what she’ll deliver but different does stand out.
The women are really going to shine, but Boris René can easily sweep these ladies aside. I also am NOT sleeping on Nano, cuz this track is pretty boss.
- Mariette – A Million Years (Thomas G:son, Johanna Jansson, Peter Boström, Mariette Hansson, Jenny Hansson)
- Benjamin Ingrosso – Good Loovin’ (Benjamin Ingrosso, Louis Schoorl, Matt Pardon, MAG)
- Dismissed – Hearts Align (Ola Salo, Peter Kvint)
- Roger Pontare – Himmel och hav (Thomas G:son, Alexzandra Wickman)
- Lisa Ajax – I Don’t Give A (Ola Svensson, Linnea Deb, Joy Deb, Anton Hård af Segerstad)
- Etzia – Up (Johnny Sanchez, Hanif Sabzevari, Simon Gribbe, Erica Haylett
- Allyawan – Vart haru varit (Masse Salazar, Samuel Nazari)
Who will make it through: Mariette & Benjamin Ingrosso
Andra Chansen: Lisa Ajax & Roger Pontare (Etzia… I hope)
Comments: If you don’t want Loreen back at Eurovision, the betting odds are saying that Mariette is the best bet to beat her. Mariette has quite a bit of quality music under her belt and has been consistently in the music scene since her Melfest debut in 2015. I don’t think Mariette has anything to worry about. She’ll be in final. Benjamin Ingrosso has the Frans appeal and young girls will be in love. Little Benny has some nice tracks and I think the right staging will secure his space in the final.
As much as I’d like to see Etzia in the final I think she may be too fresh of an entrant in this semi. Lisa Ajax I fear will go the route of Isa last year. The right track is what Lisa NEEDS, if her song is even slightly boring she isn’t going anywhere.
- Owe Thörnqvist – Boogieman Blues (Owe Thörnqvist)
- Bella & Filippa – Crucified (Peter Hägerås, Mats Frisell, Jakob Stadell, Filippa Frisell, Isabella Snihs)
- The Fooo Conspiracy – Gotta Thing (Robert ”Mutt” Lange, Tony Nilsson)
- Jasmine Kara – Gravity (Anderz Wrethov, Jasmine Kara)
- Robin Bengtsson – I Can’t Go On (David Kreuger, Hamed ”K-One” Pirouzpanah, Robin Stjernberg)
- Anton Hagman – Kiss You Goodbye (Christian Fast, Tim Schou, Henrik Nordenback)
- Krista Siegfrids – Snurra min jord (Krista Siegfrids, Gustaf Svenungsson, Magnus Wallin, Gabriel Alares)
Who will make it through: The Fooo Conspiracy & Robin Bengtsson
Andra Chansen: Anton Hagman & Bella & Filippa (I hope Krista Siegfrids… but idk)
Comments: Firstly, Owe Thörnqvist gets MAJOR PROPS and I wish that man all the luck. I don’t disrespect seniors and won’t start now. Owe could easily find himself in the final. Should he be there? I don’t know. I’d love to see Krista in the final. She is a strong performer but she needs a modern song. I don’t see schalger being the vehicle for Krista. I’m especially nervous for Krista because the real wild card in this bunch is Jasmine Kara. Jasmine could be the Ace Wilder circa Busy Doin Nothing competitor.
Bella & Filippa are YouTube girls and this could bode very well for them. The Fooo Conspiracy will not win Eurovision but they will slide right through this semi. Robin Bengtsson I also see in the final, I think he’ll do quite well in this semi. Robin has the momentum from last year and it’s his semi to lose.
- Wiktoria – As I Lay Me Down (Justin Forrest, Jonas Wallin, Lauren Dyson)
- Les Gordons – Bound To Fall (Jonatan Renström, Albert Björliden, Andreas Persson, Carl Ragnemyr, David Runebjörk, Jimmy Jansson)
- Sara Varga & Juha Mulari – Du får inte ändra på mig (Sara Varga, Lars Hägglund)
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren feat. Aninia – En värld full av strider (Jon Henrik Fjällgren, Sara Biglert, Christian Schneider, Andreas Hedlund)
- Axel Schylström – När ingen ser (Behshad Ashnai, Axel Schylström, David Strääf)
- Alice – Running with Lions (Anderz Wrethov, Andreas ”Stone” Johansson, Denniz Jamm, Alice Svensson)
- Loreen – Statements (Anton Hård af Segerstad, Joy Deb, Linnea Deb, Loreen)
Who will make it through: Wiktoria & Loreen
Andra Chansen: Jon Henrik Fjällgren feat. Aninia & Alice
Comments: This semi is tough, but this is Loreen’s race to lose (which she won’t). Wiktoria has the real momentum. As a Swedish outsider, it may be easy to think of Loreen as the shoe-in for this semi but Wiktoria is the real shoe-in. I don’t think Jon Henrik Fjällgren is going to have it easy. Jon may be left in the semis this time around especially because Les Gordons is in the mix and I’m not hating this track. I’m hoping that alice will have a track strong enough to take her to AC at minimum.
With all that said, Wiktoria and Loreen will be in the final. I can’t see it happening any other way (fingers crossed Alice may bump Wiktoria out of the way #sideeye).