At long last we finally know where Eurovision 2017 is going to be held! Mt excitement was put on pause due to the long wait and silly bidding process that occurred this year. Kyiv made the most sense from day one and we shouldn’t have had to wait to get our bags packed and flights booked to Ukraine’s capitol city.
Here are the 10 reasons why Kyiv was the right choice to host Eurovision 2017
- They already hosted. Kyiv has hosted the competition and they know what it’ll take to keep delegations and fans alike safe.
- Alcohol is cheap. Unlike the Nordics, alcohol isn’t going to put you in the poor house. We know the Eurovision is one of the biggest parties in the world. Let’s be real, we need some drinks to ensure that this party is as raging as it can be.
- Money makes the world go round. We all know that it would have been far too expensive to build suitable venues for the contest in the other locations. Kyiv simply has the infrastructure already in existence to accommodate.
- The weather will be perfect. Kyiv’s weather will be just right. The Ukrainian spring isn’t too hot or too cold. With and average midday temperature of 15.1 °C we will be able to relax and pack lighter. May really is the perfect time to visit.
- Kyiv is a modern metropolitan city. As the 8th most populated city in Europe, this city is home to historic monuments and peaceful green spaces. Check out some of these amazing sites the city has to offer. Kyiv’s metro is clean and relatively reliable making transportation a breeze in the urban metropolis.
Honorable Mention: We get to see Ruslana perform again. If “Wild Dances” doesn’t happen on that stage with the original choreography and everything, it will be the biggest missed opportunity ever. Ruslana is one of my favorite Eurovision winners of all time. She’s still in shape. She is still fierce. ” shi-di-ri-di-duy, shi-di-ri-di-da-na…shi-di-ri-di-duy, shi-di-ri-di-da-na”